--Quietly and independently read the information below:
Crafting an AMAZING Literary Analysis Paragraph Response Assignment Details:
- Re-read your literary analysis paragraph (section IV of the Short Story Unit Exam) with the list from last class/specific feedback for questions 17 and 18 in mind--make revisions accordingly.
- If you have not already done so, type your revised response in proper MLA format for submission on Monday, January 7th at the beginning of class.
- This writing assignment will receive three scores total, all three of which will count within the Writing portion of your overall Quarter 2 average:
- One score will be determined via the format rubric you picked up last class class--mastery of MLA format is important, so be especially careful! This score will count once.
- Another score will be determined via the Meaning, Development, Organization, Language Use, and Conventions framework--this score will count twice.
- Your M, D, O, L, C score will be included within your Writing Portfolio--remember that you must receive a score of 85% or higher in order for this assignment to go into the portfolio without further revisions/rewriting.
- Your M, D, O, L, C score will also be converted to a score out of 30 and determine the remainder of the points allotted for your Short Story Unit exam.
--How can I help you?!
S. the C.
-- questions answered/instruction/modeling
Transition -- pick up the “Culminating Assignment” sheet from the front table/form a circle
Discussion -- LotF Chapters 1-8
--independently read through assignment options--any questions? (TOPIC SELECTION NEXT CLASS--ONLY TWO STUDENTS PER OPTION)
--take a look at our list of items for discussion following the analysis of the Mumford and Sons song lyrics:
--look, too, at the slide of discussion-worthy items from Lord of the Flies
--engage in discussion
--begin purposefully reading Chapters 9 and 10
--Complete the literary analysis paragraph writing assignment as directed for submission on Monday, January 7th at the beginning of class.
--Select/come up with a topic for the Lord of the Flies Culminating Assignment.
--Finish purposefully reading Chapters 9 and 10 of Lord of the Flies as preparation for analysis/discussion next class.
--Bring your vocabulary book next class.