--Pick up the Unit #7 vocabulary quiz from the front table. Make sure to carefully read all of the directions. Complete the quiz quietly and independently. Good luck!
--When you finish with the assessment, place your work underneath your desk and complete one of the following tasks:
- take a look through your last two AoWs and preview the next AoW
- finish preparing for today's LotF CHAPTER ONE discussion (e.g., take a look at your notes on the halfsheet from last time)
- begin the next reading assignment for LotF
- engage in free reading
S. the C.
--trade and grade vocabulary quizzes--scored assessments returned to test-takers for self-reflection purposes--scored assessments collected
--list of students needing to revise for the Cumulative Writing Portfolio shared--Would anyone like to schedule a meeting for a time slot during my office hours?
- The due date for submission is Thursday, 4/28 (about 3.5 weeks from today).
--Form a circle out of the desks. (Block 4 students: Sit next to your partner from last class.
--Bring to the circle the following items:
- notes pertaining to the prompt/question with which you dealt on the halfsheet last time
- your notebook
- your purposefully/actively Post-ited copy of Lord of the Flies
- your study guide
Discussion -- LotF CHAPTER ONE
--engage in high-level discussion:
- prompts/questions from previous chunk of class time
- purposeful reading Post-its as per the "What to Look for in Lord of the Flies" list
- active reading Post-its (e.g., questions, connections to personal experiences, favorite lines or sections, etc.)
- study guide
Closure -- Ticket-Out-the-Door (Note to a Friend)
HW (Take-Home Assessment)
--Complete Article of the Week #9, which is due at the beginning of class on Friday, 4/8. This task will include purposefully reading the directions in the box at the top of the page and completing your best work with regard to the directions.
HW (Class Preparation)
--Review your materials from the last two class blocks pertaining to LotF in preparation for an upcoming assessment.
--Purposefully/actively read CHAPTER TWO of LotF.
--Try to find some time to read your free reading book between now and next class. ALWAYS BRING YOUR FREE READING BOOK TO CLASS!
--The due date for submitting a revised Intertextuality Unit--Culminating Essay Assignment for the Cumulative Writing Portfolio is Thursday, 4/28 (about 3.5 weeks from today)--YOU MUST schedule a meeting with me to go over your revisions; simply handing in the revisions is unacceptable as per the protocol. When time permits, meetings can/will occur during class time.
--Block 4 students: Don't worry about the "Note to a Friend" task that we did not get to complete!
On the backburner:
- ACT nonfiction passages and multiple choice questions