--Pick up a copy of each of the following documents from the front table:
- "MLA Format"
- "Jump Off--Common Error Review (English 7-9 and English 10 Honors through early-March)"
S. the C.
--review rules/RE-READ methods for the errors listed in the directions on the second sheet
Review -- The Grammar Hammer
--independent work time
--Prior to submitting your essay, PLEASE "drop your best grammar hammer" on your work!
Writing Workshop -- The Alchemist and The Old Man and the Sea Culminating Essay Assignment
--Does anyone need me to model MLA format again?
COMPACT FOR WORK TIME
- Talking should be very limited
- When talking must occur, get peer's attention first and stay on task.
- Teacher will use the consequence system in place for lack of compliance.
- Listening to music (provided by teacher or on personal devices) is acceptable.
HW (Class Preparation)
--The final version of your essay (your absolute best effort) is due at the beginning of class next time (Wednesday, 3/9). Strive for mastery!
--Work on finishing your free reading book. You have approximately 1.5 weeks between now and the due date of the one-pager. ALWAYS BRING YOUR FREE READING BOOK TO CLASS! See me if you have finished your book and need a one-pager.
On the backburner:
- ACT nonfiction passages and multiple choice questions