S. the C.
--Reminder: Any individuals who did not meet the Tuesdays with Morrie Analysis Essay revisions due date for the Cumulative Writing Portfolio will receive referrals until the assignment is completed to mastery.
--mention participation hopes/highlight "Closure" so as to "begin with the end in mind"
--Mr. Martin delivers envelopes--time to read/reflect (Have you "earned your A"? What should our last ten weeks together "look like"?)--discuss
Video/Discussion -- The Black Donnellys Pilot Episode--Introducing the BIG Question (The Kite Runner Unit)
--while viewing the episode, pay attention to:
- important characters (who's who?)
- significant events that impact the plot (e.g., one character learning his sibling is abusing drugs, ......)
--discuss The Black Donnellys--Mr. Martin guides where appropriate and jots down significant factors relating to the BIG Question on the front board
Closure -- The Three W's
- What did we discuss/learn today during the "Video/Discussion" portion of the agenda?
- So What? (How is this work relevant/important/useful?)
- Now What? (Can you predict what the novel The Kite Runner will be about based on this work?)
--Though we will no longer be formally presenting our arguments, we will be sharing them with the class in a roundtable-type discussion (most likely beginning next class upon the return of your scored papers), so make sure that you are well-versed in the contents of your paper for the sake of said discussion.
--Bring your vocabulary book to class on Monday, as we will deal with our next unit next week.
--Enjoy the weekend! If you have anything to do with the Seniors vs. Faculty events tomorrow night, soak it all in (including the feelings associated with utter defeat!).