--FYI: The People vs. Minnie Wright has been postponed to 2/25/2013 as per judge's orders.
--Having now dealt with the play “Trifles” multiple times, what literary elements/terms do you “see in action” (e.g., characterization, conflict, irony, theme, symbolism, etc.)? Come up with a couple of specific examples to share with the class. (You might want to write your examples down!)
S. the C.
--The due date for submitting a revised writing piece for the Cumulative Writing Portfolio is March 4th (a week and a half from today).
--Reminder: Any writing piece that has already received a score of 80% or higher can be kept in your portfolio, as mastery has already been demonstrated.
--share out as per the J.O.
Activity -- "Trifles" Stations
- At each station, open up the manila folder and read the directions stapled into the folder.
- Work together to mindfully complete the task defined within the directions. Make sure to take detailed notes for your binder.
- You will have 12 minutes at each station. After 12 minutes, rotate to the next station (#1 t0 #2, #2 to #3, #3 to #4, #4 to #5, and #5 to #1).
--Transition--form work areas by moving desks/manila folders for stations delivered
--complete each of the five stations as directed
Transition -- re-row desks, pick up the "Final Countdown" graphic organizer from the front table, and return to assigned seats
Closure -- Final Countdown
- Individually reflect over the learnings that you have had today in wrapping up Susan Glaspell's "Trifles".
- On the graphic organizer provided, specifically respond to the following prompts:
- What are the three most important things you have learned today?
- What are two questions you would still like answered?
- What is one way what you have learned connects with what you knew before?
--If you need to revise for the Cumulative Writing Portfolio, think about when you might schedule an appointment with Mr. Martin (the sooner, the better!). See the list of office hours handed out early in the school year for Mr. Martin's availability. The due date for submission is March 4th (a week and a half from today).
--A "Trifles" Mini-test in the near future is not outside of the realm of possibility, so carefully study all of your notes (especially those from today's stations activity)!
--Bring your vocabulary book to class next time.