Goal: Raise my children to be intelligent, compassionate, responsible, successful, and unique by offering them a multitude of experiences
Caleb has been sick for several days now, but today, he seems to be taking a big turn for the better! While putting in a quality play-session on the floor, Caleb took the small blue ball out of and placed it back into the larger red ball while I prompted with “out” and “in”. It was fun to watch, especially since Caleb smiled a lot after many days of looking sad due to illness.
Other Caleb updates:
· His two top middle teeth are almost in, with one of the two beginning to poke through.
· He says “dada”, “mama”, and “baba” (though he still doesn’t quite know the meaning of each of the words).
· He continues to prefer rolling as a means of getting from point A to point B.
· When I put out my hand and say “give me five”, he claps my hand with both of his (and occasionally gives me a legitimate five)—he’s getting there!
· If you grab his feet, pretend to smell them, and say “P.U.—stinky feet!”, you’ll get a good belly-laugh out of him.
Interestingly enough, while I was creating the list above, Caleb got himself onto his hands and knees, stayed in the position for several minutes rocking back and forth while I modeled crawling for him, and then managed to maneuver himself back into a sitting position…hmmmm…the quest for crawling continues…