--Pick up a copy of the "Self-Assessment" document from the front table. After carefully reading the directions, complete the task at hand quietly and independently.
S. the C.
--Reminder: It is important for you to stay caught up with regard to all of your coursework. It would behoove you to check the blog and SchoolTool often. Additionally, if you have an "NG" for a Marking Period, following up with me ASAP is in your best interest.
- You should leave class today with...
- a clear understanding of what to do while reading Veronica Roth's Divergent
- part of your reading assignment that is due next class already completed!
--Column-by-column, come up to the front of the classroom in order to do the following:
- sign out a copy of Veronica Roth's Divergent (Block 3 only)
- share your self-assessment results with me--receive a "Factions Organizers" document accordingly
- pick up a "Notice & Note" bookmark
- take a small stack of Post-it Notes
--Block 1: Already read Chapter 1
--Block 2: Read up to the middle of page 2 of Chapter 1
--Block 3: Did not read yet
--items on the whiteboard used in order to model what I'm "up to" (and what I'm asking you to be "up to") during reading of the novel
- "Notice & Note" strategies Q & A
- "Notice & Notes" strategies assigned:
- EVERYONE: CONTRASTS & CONTRADICTIONS
- ABNEGATION: AHA MOMENT
- AMITY: TOUGH QUESTIONS
- CANDOR: WORDS OF THE WISER
- DAUNTLESS: AGAIN & AGAIN
- ERUDITE: MEMORY MOMENT
--as I read the novel aloud, complete your assigned purposeful reading tasks
HW (Class Preparation)
--Purposefully/actively read up to the end of Chapter 4 of Divergent. This includes taking detailed notes on your "Factions Organizers" page as well as completing three or more Post-its as per your assigned "Notice & Note" task. Review your purposeful/active reading notes, as an assessment is "fair game" at any point in time between now and when we finish the novel.--Try to find some time to read your free reading book between now and next class. ALWAYS BRING YOUR FREE READING BOOK TO CLASS!