--Turn in your actively read Article of the Week #8 along with your written response stapled on top by placing your work in the black basket on the front table.
S. the C.
- The due date for submission of revisions is Thursday, 1/15 (ACE) or Friday, 1/16 (BDF)--just under one week from today!
- Any writing piece that has already received a score of 80% or higher can be given back to me for submission today if the writer of the piece chooses not to revise.
--pick up a laptop and log in
--parameters set for today's work block
ON THE LAPTOPS...
- #1: Students who have not yet completed i-Ready (LIST SHARED) must do this before doing anything else.
- #2: Students who need to complete revisions (LIST SHARED) or are choosing to complete revisions for the "'St. Lucy's...' End-of-Mini-Unit Writing Assignment" will work on improving their essays.
- #3: Student who are both finished with i-Ready and not required to complete revisions and are choosing not to do revisions will engage in free reading.
--The due date for submitting a revised "'St. Lucy's...' End-of-Mini-Unit Writing Assignment" for the Cumulative Writing Portfolio is Thursday, 1/15 (ACE)--just under one week from today or Friday, 1/16 (BDF)--five days from today (THIS Friday!). Remember that YOU MUST schedule a meeting with me to go over your revisions; simply handing in the revisions is unacceptable as per the protocol. When time permits, meetings can/will occur during class time.
--One-pagers are due at the end of class on Tuesday, 1/20 (ACE) or Wednesday, 1/21 (BDF) for those students who have yet to complete one. We will use some class time on that Tuesday/Wednesday to complete one-pagers. Students who have already submitted a one-pager will engage in free reading during this time. ALWAYS BRING YOUR FREE READING BOOK TO CLASS.
--We will continue the lesson that we began last class when we meet again next week.